TeachMeet Bournemouth 2016 - 3rd March
This Corpus Christi Primary School-held assemblage will feature a raffle to raise money for Amelia's Rainbow Fund, with a variety of terrific teaching resources up for grabs (including a signed copy of Rachel Jones’ Teacher Geek). Similarly excellent are the presentations, which include:
- Keynote presentations from #Teacher5aday creator Martyn Reah and IRIS Connect’s Graham Newell.
- ‘Using Class Dojo to promote positive behaviours’ by Graham Andre.
- ‘Compliment Corner’ by Jenna Lucas.
- ‘Opportunities for imaginative Collaborations’ by Naomi Ward.
- ‘The Power of Twitter: Sharing Good Practice Across the Globe’ by Jonny McLoughlin.
- ‘Physical Literacy’ by Daniel Moody.
These discussions and more will be followed by an EatMeet, which will offer attendees delicious sustenance and refreshments. The theme of the event is ‘PE and wellbeing’.
ChesterTM - 3rd March, Christleton
Taking place just down the road from IMS HQ, this Christleton High School’s MathsMeet will promote a love of all things mathematical. The school’s enthusiastic Maths department and other presenters will be sharing the likes of ‘Positive Problem Solving’, ‘Numeracy Ninjas’ and ‘Use of Integral Mathematics Resources’. There will also be a charity raffle to raise funds for The Alzheimer's Society.
TeachMeet History Icons - 5th March, Chester
Another Chester event, this time History-oriented and taking place at the Macdonald Blossom Hotel in the city centre. #TMHistoryIcons is being organised and hosted by Tom Rogers, Kate Jones, Leanne Davison and Sean McDermott, the latter commenting: “There is such a thing as a free lunch, and it is being provided here.” This exciting TeachMeet features a keynote from expat teacher and Active History founder Russel Tarr, who will be coming all the way from Toulouse. Following this, attendees will enjoy presentations from Claire Bracher (‘Creative History in Primary’), Alex FairLamb (‘Creativity in History’), David McDermott (‘Outstanding lessons in humanities’) and more. Copies of the IMS Guide 2015/16 will also be available, for those who like to read during luncheons.
As of writing, a limited number of tickets are available, and the event will be streamed live via Periscope.
Birmingham TeachMeet - 9th March
Seven Myths about Education author Daisy Christodoulou is the keynote speaker here, giving a talk on The Science of Learning. Equally high-calibre are the main presentations, being delivered by the likes of:
- Fehmida Norat - Efficient experimentation - realistically applying a research based approach to teaching
- Taz Khan - The amazing brain - Learning from a neuroscience perspective
- Shaun Mckenzie - Using interviews in cross-curricular learning
- Amy Jeetley - “Do I really need to sit still?"
- Simone Haughey - The power of music
- Emily Hankey - Concept Cartoons and talk in the classroom
Everyone in attendance will be entered into a raffle, with a Kindle Fire HD6, £50 iTunes vouchers, subscriptions and much more up for grabs.
TM Soton '16 - 17th March, Southampton
The school that already boasts Rachel Jones as a teacher is once again hosting #TMSoton15. Ms Jones is on organiser duties once more, and has arranged presentations by Siân Cumming, Samantha Whitfield, Ann-Marie Skill and Jon Neale, to name just a few.
Visit the main TeachMeet page for full listings.
David Cameron, left, and Sir Tim Brighouse, right.