1. @pivotalpaul - Paul Dix is disrupting… How behaviour is handled in schools. In the latest IMS Guide, Paul explains: “Children who are regularly given lengthy punishments don’t learn new behaviours. They simply integrate the inconvenience of punishment into their daily routine.”
2. @LitFilmFest - LitFilmFest are disrupting… How pupils are being engaged. Did you know that young learners can reach new new levels of literacy insight through making their own movies?
Download FREE #KS2 resources for LitFilmFest! 4 monthly winners get a YouTube Kids filming day at their school https://t.co/H3vI3Fjk4j #NQT pic.twitter.com/eXkwHwBTuI— LitFilmFest (@LitFilmFest) February 5, 2018
3. @WomenEd / @BAMEedNetwork / @LGBTedUK - WomenEd, BAMEed and LGBTed are disrupting… Inequality in education, striving to ensure that teaching staff and leadership teams are diverse, authentic and representative of the UK population.
4. @jazampawfarr - Jaz Ampaw-Farr is disrupting… The way that teachers see themselves. So far as this Resilience Ninja is concerned, teachers are ‘everyday heroes’, capable of incredible things.
Just watched the @InnovateMySchl video interview with @jazampawfarr - great stuff, and thanks for the mention, Jaz! I'm honoured. https://t.co/vofNEHdTC4— Jill Berry (@jillberry102) January 23, 2018
5. @Studytracks - Studytracks are disrupting… The use of music in education. That tune stuck in a pupil’s head needn’t be a distraction, asserts Ivor Novello award-winning founder George Hammond-Hagan.
6. @priyalakhani - Priya Lakhani OBE is disrupting… Artificial intelligence, personalised learning, adaptive assessment and teacher workload through the CENTURY.tech platform.
Enjoyed talking #ai #Crypto #bitcoin #blockchain #robocops #news #GenderPayGap with @SallyBundockBBC on #BBCtheBriefing @BBCWorld this morning @ThisIsCentury pic.twitter.com/U00KjbXaH9— Priya Lakhani OBE (@priyalakhani) January 30, 2018
7. @E_Sheninger - Eric Sheninger is disrupting… The way teachers and school leaders work through new ways of thinking. “Disruptive innovation compels educators to go against the flow, challenge the status quo, take on the resistance, and shift our thinking in a more growth-oriented way,” remarks Eric.
8. @HYWEL_ROBERTS - Hywel Roberts is disrupting… How imagination and humour are utilised in the classroom. As a speaker, you’ll often find him launching charm-offensives at teacher CPD events.
Inspirational and passionate training from @HYWEL_ROBERTS this evening. Makes me proud to be a public intellectual #thinking #creative— Andrew Earl (@larkhilldeputy) February 6, 2018
9. @besatweet - The British Educational Suppliers Association (BESA) are disrupting… Edtech procurement and development. This is done through in-depth sector research and collaboration with over 300 leading educational suppliers.
10. @Sue_Cowley - Sue Cowley is disrupting… Creative teaching and learning, behaviour management, teacher training and, with unstoppable passion and expertise, sector discussion.
A great summary. This is how I see it too. #debatED https://t.co/7xdt8LW4YK— Sue Cowley (@Sue_Cowley) January 30, 2018
11. @UnioByHarness - Unio By Harness are disrupting… Lesson delivery and feedback - for teachers, by teachers. They are an Open Education Challenge (OEC) winner, and work with schools worldwide.
12. @Mr_Patel100 - Ritesh Patel is disrupting… Teacher wellbeing - there’s not a day goes by that this D&T subject lead doesn’t give the education community something to mull over.
The Whole School Teaching and Learning Bulletin is still going strong, with more contributions from amazing staff every term! #pedagoofriday #Ukedchat ? pic.twitter.com/ou9SYVifa6— Ritesh Patel (@Mr_Patel100) February 2, 2018
13. @soph_bailey - Sophie Bailey is disrupting… Educators’ intake of resources. Through The Edtech Podcast, Sophie is helping to ensure that school leaders and teachers are up-to-date on all things edtech.
14. @hegartymaths - Colin Hegarty is disrupting… The way Maths is taught. Colin has now won multiple awards, including Company of the Year (less than £3m turnover) at the Bett Awards last month. As Richard Branson bemoaned: “Why couldn't HegartyMaths have existed 50 years ago when I was in school?”
Just starting to use Hegarty Maths. Y6 are very enthusiastic- "Mrs Smith can we do this every Monday?" "Maths has never been so much fun!" "Can you set this for homework every night?" I think it's a hit! @HegartyTeam #mathsisfun pic.twitter.com/44IqMQQD2n— Timbertree Year 6 (@timbertreeyear6) February 5, 2018
15. @NicolePonsford / @JulieMWood1 - Nicole Ponsford and Julie Wood are disrupting… Teacher workload, gender inequality and edtech usage. In an upcoming Innovate My School article, they note: “The irony about teachers is that the ‘growth mindset’ we try to encourage in the kids often doesn’t reflect our own closed-off beliefs.”
Want to receive cutting-edge insights from leading educators each week? Sign up to our Community Update and be part of the action!