E.a.R.L can benefit teachers who are looking for the outcomes listed below, but he can also be used to support areas outside of the standard curriculum and EYFS areas. His compatibility with the Scratch coding program will also help to create a seamless transition through from programming to coding via EYFS, key stage 1 and key stage 2 learning.
Supporting key stage 1
E.a.R.L can assist your KS1 teaching by helping children to:
- understand what algorithms are, how they are implemented as programs on digital devices, and that programs execute by following precise and unambiguous instruction
- create and debug simple programs
- use logical reasoning to predict the behaviour of simple programs
Supporting key stage 2
He can also help in KS2 by aiding children to:
- design, write and debug programs that accomplish specific goals
- control or simulate physical systems
- solve problems by decomposing them into smaller parts
E.a.R.L wants to help across the curriculum
With a full teacher’s guide available, E.a.R.L comes with everything you need to plan lessons and get real outcomes for children in an exciting and engaging way. With the addition of mats for several areas of the curriculum, he can be used to teach almost anything via a coding journey. The cross-curricular pack means you’ll never run out of lesson ideas.
So, don’t hesitate; give E.a.R.L a home in your classroom and some new friends to play with today!
Read more about E.a.R.L's impact on the EdTech Impact platform: https://edtechimpact.com/products/earl-coding-robot