Google has tripled free storage space, across Gmail, Google+ and Drive, bringing the total to 15GB.
This is a serious move by Google as it places the company at the forefront of cloud based solutions with other institutions working to tight financial constraints. Having turned to Google Drive as my main storage facility, I thought I would highlight some advantages of using the platform through 'how to' videos.
- Access files anytime on any device with an internet connection.
- Work offline with documents.
- Share files/documents with others and collaborate in real time.
- Share folders with students and receive and feedback on assignments.
- Allow read only access on documents and share with students as resource with no photocopying.
- Save a document in a variety of formats.
- Works with other Google Apps to provide platform for forms, surveys, projects.
- Save to GoogleDrive with two taps of an icon or clicks of a mouse.
- Search files in Drive for name or keyword.